1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'05 Tundra advice

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by yetiboy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. yetiboy

yetiboy Junior Member
    from Canada

Hi there. I'm looking for a recommendation for a decent but not ridiculously expensive plow for an '05 Toyota Tundra. Any thoughts?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Snoway with the dp.

3. yetiboy

yetiboy Junior Member
    from Canada

I checked out Sno-way's website. I'm a bit concerned about the "May require major modifications to the air dam and /or fascia." when I put in the info to get the right model - sounds expensive :)

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Most plows will be doing the same thing to your truck.

5. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Sno-way, unless you want to tear apart the front end and a regular basis. The DP will be a parts saver for your front end.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My vote is for a 7.5' Boss Sport Duty.

7. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

I have a 05 Tundra that I plow with, only Western plow listed on their website that could be factory installed was the Suburbanite. With some work, had the HTS installed. Even with the Suburbanite, you'll probably have to upgrade on your front suspension to eliminate front end sag from the plow weight. This would cause tire rub on wheel wells while turning with plow equipped. I would stay away from any leveling kits. These are cheap plastic pieces installed in the springs or blocks in between the mounts. I went with the Rancho Quicklift MYRide complete suspension system...

http://www.gorancho.com/accessories.php?accessory=myRIDE

Hope this helps from a guy with the same truck

8. rototiller

rototiller Junior Member

I got quote on one today for my 2004 Tundra, $4500 installed...I need a tractor with a loader for a year or two so I might go that way.

If I could find a contractor to do my driveway I would, everybody is only interested in commercial jobs.

9. plowsmart

plowsmart Junior Member
    from Ohio

10. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

The frame mounting brackets, all the electrical, etc has to be installed by the purchaser?

11. plowsmart

plowsmart Junior Member
    from Ohio

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  12. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Thanx for this, might have to look into this...

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You can have the dealer install it also.

14. YakimaPlowGuy

YakimaPlowGuy Junior Member

So the Suburbanite mount worked okay? I have a 2012 Toyota Tundra with a Western plow that I want to put on it. I am looking for the mount and if anyone knows where I can buy direct the Ultramount 2 system that would be great