1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 tahoe ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1jbent, Dec 25, 2008.

1. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

I am new to the business. I have an 05 Tahoe Z71 I I would like to know if I can put a V-plow on it? I plan on using tibren rubber springs and any other suspension enhancements necessary to build it up to carry extra weight. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I am sure alot are going to say you can. But I wouldnt just get 7.6

3. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

Western makes an MVP 7.5 V POLY

4. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

boss also males a 7'6 v-plow but your def gonna need suspension upgrades. my boss has a tahoe, i think an 05 with a Western Midweight plow and that thing is like 3in off the ground with the plow raised and that is way lighter then i V would be

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I'd just go buy a stronger truck that can handle a plow without all the issues of up grading the Tahoe suspension.. I run one Tahoe, it has a three man shoveling crew in it and works great for that.

6. 1jbent

1jbent Junior Member

Thanks for your help everyone. I bought a 2007 F-250 Super Duty 16,000 Mi. I am putting on a Fisher 8'6" V plow. Should get me going quite well. Again, thanks.

7. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

Go with the Midweight, or get a bigger truck

8. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Believe it or not I bought my 9' unimount off of a guy that had it mounted to a 99 tahoe. I thought he was crazy. This thing squats my 3/4 ton like there is no tomorrow, I can't even imagine what his poor little Tahoe looked liked with the plow raised.
    I would stick to a max of a 7 1/2 foot straight plow and forget about it.