1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 super duty leveling kit

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Jan 16, 2006.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Any Body Use The Aftermarket 2.5 Inch Leveling Kit From Tuff Country/or Other Vendor. It Consists Of Spacers That Go Over The Top Of The Existing Coil Springs. If So How Do You Like Them???

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

and how hard are they to install ???

3. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Couple Of Hours At The Most, But I'm Thinking Of Upgrading My Springs To 7000# Capacity

Did You Do Anything To Your Truck???

4. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

I have them and had them installed. They said it took about hour 1 1/2 . The only problem is that when you add them it makes the back end look like it is sagging . So I am adding air bags in the back to be able to lift and adjust the load.

5. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

I installed a Fabtech 2" leveling kit on my truck. Simple to install, also came with all 4 shocks, and brackets for the brake lines. I have also installed a Skyjacker 2.5" kit for a friend. It too was easy to install, but I like the Fabtech kit better.

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Did you notice a difference in height of the truck, is the front higher then the back and can you give a brief description of how the Fabtech system is installed. I'm happy to hear is was simple as I will be installing my system myself as well and I'm trying to get as much info as possible upfront to avoid any problems.

Thank You

7. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

If I'm Not Mistaken The 350's Have A 2 Inch Block In The Rear End So The Extra Two Inches In The Front Level It Out. I Presently Have The 2.5 Inch Lift From Sky Jacker. The Truck Sits Level. The One Thing I'm Not Sure Of Is What These Spring Are Rated For. I Called The Manufacturer And The Were Didn't Know. I'm Thinking About Replacing Them With Ford's 7000# Coils Then Putting In The 2 Inch Spacers On Top Of The Coils To Have A True Heavy Duty Front End.
    Does Anybody Have Any Suggestions??

8. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I am not certain about the 2005-2006's but the F350s' had a 4inch block. The 250s had a 2inch.

9. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

what all came in that kit? is it just the spacers for the front? ive been looking for my 05 and most i have seen only lift the front then the back sits lower

10. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

The Fabtech kit came with spacers that go under your coil springs, 4 new shocks, and brake line drop brackets. Install was simple. Unbolt coil springs, jack up truck using frame, so the front axle drops down. Remove coils, add spacer, reinstall coils. I didn't need a coil spring compressor. Then I just installed the brake line brackets, and shocks, all done. The front sits about a half inch lower than the back.

11. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

7000# Coil Springs

Anyone have any pics with the 7000# coil springs installed? I want to take out the factory 6000# coils and put in the 7000# coils but don't want the front higher than the rear.

This is on a '07 F350 FX4 CC DRW

12. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

We ran a BDS kit on our 05 came with spacers, all four shocks....I let somebody install for the sheer fact that it may need an alignment..and they could have done it in house that day..I went to this place
    www.attitudeperformance.com
    They do alot of trucks and nice work..no complaints..greta kit and works well...