1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 silverado mount pics needed

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by meecaman, Feb 10, 2008.

1. meecaman

meecaman Junior Member
    from ct

Hello guys
    This is my first post. I started to mount my undercarriage on my 05 silverado crewcab and if you use the recomended height it appears you have to cut away most of the lower bumper valance to clear. what has everyone else done. I don't really want to cut that huge of a hole. thanks in advace.
    Meeca

2. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

You have to do the same thing with fisher. I've heard of people buying a used or already cut one on ebay, then running the other in the summer.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I mounted one on a 04 silverado this past fall for a friend and all I did was use a floor jack and jacked it up in place and bolted it up. He was like you didn't want to cut anything. I can't say that I blame you. I wouldn't want it all cut up either.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is it a 1500 or 2500?

Either way, you shouldn't have to cut any 'big holes" in the air dam to get the pushbeam height you need. If you can't get the pushbeam high enough, then the front of the truck is too low. You need to give the torsion bars a few turns to bring the front of the truck up. This will allow you to set the mount lower in relation to the airdam. You may need to cut two small slots in the lip at the bottom of the airdam for side plate clearance but no large holes are necessary.

5. meecaman

meecaman Junior Member
    from ct

Thanks for the replies so far. the truck is a 1500. I will try to post some pics of how much has to be cut. if you are familiar with the boss setup. there is alot of clearance needed for the pins to swing up and engage on the undercarriage. I also have factory fog lights in the lower valance. meeca

6. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 05 2500 and when the plow was mounted they did not cut anything. I will try to get some pic tonight when I am out of the mount with out the plow on.

7. Brandon

Brandon Member

Make sure you have the ballast in the back that you'll be using.....this will change the height of the mount up front....might help you out.

8. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

x2 what he said

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just priced a new front air dam for my 95 Chevy and it was only $16.25 to replace it.

Yon