1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Ram seatbelt chime

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plow Dude, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

I have an 05 Heavy Duty with 95000 miles on it. Now all of a sudden starting today I have a seatbelt chime when ever I'm not wearing it. Never before has it ever gone off. What is up with that? There was always a low intensity seatbelt light that would illuminate when I wasn't wearing it, but never a chime. Its driving me crazy!

2. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

Dont no why it would start all of a sudden. There are instructions in the owners manual on how to disable it.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I disabled mine using the manual. I hate seat belt chimes.

4. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

I have an 04, Mine chimes to tell me I have a light out. One day no chime, then the next day it chimes all day. Took it to a dealer, they said the cause was the snow plow wiring harness. Disconnect the light harness, still dings, now they say there is a short in the steering column wiring, going to cost 1400 to fix. Going to disconnect he chime instead.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

dealers can be so stupid. why the heck would the snow plow wiring harness cause a chime? its connected to the head lights. has nothing to do with the seat belt. if you plug the plow in and it fuctions correctly, and all the lights work both with th eplow on the truck and off...there is nothing wrong with the plow side of the house. - dumb a$$ mechanics. this is why i never let any one look at my trucks until i completey exhaust myself trying.