1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Ram 1500 w/ Fisher LD

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by tuckerman, Dec 13, 2006.

1. tuckerman

tuckerman Junior Member

was wondering what everyone thought about an 05 Ram 1500 rg Cab Short Bed w/ a fisher LD Plow. I have shopped quite a bit and actually the deciding factor of going with the fisher is the feeling i got from the dealer, was great to work with and thought that there service would be comparable. Plus i thought he gave ne a good price. Also, he said that I would not need to beef up the front end at all.
    Thanks for all the help
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

You're going to want timbrens and possibly some ballast. I ran an 04 with a Blizzard 760LT. I had timbrens and 360 lbs of ballast. Handled to plow awesome.
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The short wheelbase will be awesome!! It's like plowing with a Tahoe. Adding ballast will help compensate for a lighter truck
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, spend the $150.00 for Timbrens on that truck you will be glad you did.
  5. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I just picked up my blizzard 760LT for my 05 1500 slt 4x4 2dr short bed. Havent had the time to put it on yet though...