1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 psd question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chriscasto22, Jan 28, 2005.

1. chriscasto22

chriscasto22 Junior Member

quick guestion for ford owners, i currently have an 04 250 psd sc. i am looking into trading it in for an 05 350 psd. sc or cc. with all the problems i have heard about with the the transmissions cracking on the 05's should i hold of on trading in for a few months?

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would. They're having too many problems. :(

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

This is my opinion, not fact, but I believe that all the 5 speeds have a problem that Ford is not admitting. We had an '04 crack the case just like is happening in the late '04s and '05s that they tried to blame on abuse. They did warranty it, only took 2 weeks. :angry:

Yes, I would hold onto the '04 if it was me. Actually, I'm thinking of going shopping for a Dodge, because I am so ticked right now.

4. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I am working out financing on trading in my Fords cause I am so pissed off at their dealer service and flimmsie product workmanship... I would keep your 04.

5. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

i Just ordered my 05 about 3 weeks ago and they told me that it would be fixed by then that it was some late model o4s and the real early o5s i no alot of people that have had the new trans and engine and have not had a problem. you only hear of people having trouble with there engines not the other millions that would tell you they love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. my friend has and 03 660000 miles one reflash, 04 with 45000 no probs, 04 with 20 and no probs. I was the same way before i ordered mine but then i talked to some people who love there truck so i went with another ford over dodge.

6. psdiesel24

psdiesel24 Member

its not just fords either look at the dodge thread someone just said they are having probs with there new tranny and psds double the production #of cummins

7. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

I know it's not just Fords, anything mechanical is going to have issues.
    I am just doing my numbers and comparisions. To when we ran GMC's. Frankly in my area the GMC service is a lot more professional than Fords.
    Oil changes should not result in a body shop visit.
    I do like my Ford SuperDuties, but they do cost me more to run which eats away your profit everytime your down...
    Looking back, I should of bought a 1 Ton of each of the big 3 and see which one is still making money...

Cheers

8. mrusk

mrusk Junior Member
    from nj

I'm looking at a 05 f350 psd mason dump. The tranny has a build date of 8/8/04. Do you guys thing it will have the bad snap ring? Do you think i have any chance of the dealer replacing the part before i ever drive off the lot with it?

Matt