1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 king ranch crew cab 5200lb front end diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by hazard636, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hazard636

hazard636 Junior Member

Why wont the plow dealer put the plow i want on the front, said i needed 5600 front end, but if i put the heavier springs on it they still wont put it on because door sticker hasnt been changed, also is it necessary to do anyway to put a 7 to 800lb plow on the front?

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Its an f350 right. there should be no problem with at least an 8footer or 8.6

3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Liability.

You're overweight if you load the CC up with peeps and the plow.

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

:laughing: because we always take 6 people with us when we plow. I guess they have to cover their bases....but c'mon.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

U can still buy it but u will need to install it yourself. U should add heavier springs with the Xcode from ford

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I take all my mother inlaws with me, it's a tight fit in my CC.

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They have to go by the sticker regardless, or if you did a lot of business with this dealer they might work with you. If you do upgrade the springs, don't bother with the diesel plow prep springs which are "CC" code springs. Go right to the "AA" code springs which are f550 springs. You won't regret it.

8. hazard636

hazard636 Junior Member

Thanks for the answers.

9. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I have have the same front end on my f250 and my dealer put a wideout on for me no problems

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't say it made sense, just that's why they won't.

Actually, for those companies that hire all the H2B, they might just load them up. :rolleyes:

OP, I have an 8611LP on mine, but I have the 5600# front axle.