1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 GMC trailer power

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 2005DMAX, Feb 13, 2007.

1. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

I have a 2005 GMC K2500HD. I don't have any accessory power at the 7-way trailer plug on the back of the truck. Does anyone know what fuse feeds this circuit.
  2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I know under that hood in the fuse box there are a few fuses that are for the trailer, they start with TRL on the fuse diagram under the top for the fuse box.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Also, make sure their are fuses installed in the "stud 1" and "stud 2" locations in the under hood panel. And make sure their not blown.
  4. Its a 40AMP fuse at top left of underhood fuse panel. Often, GM will supply a fuse wrapped up in the trailer brake harness that comes with tow package. Take a look in glove box, center console or maybe its already wired up near drivers left foot behind plasic cover secured by one plastic screw.
  5. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I found it. It was the top left fuse (stud #1). It looked like it had a fuse in it but it was a blank with tape on it.