1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jglandscaping, Mar 10, 2005.

1. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I just leased a 05 Sierra 2500 HD with the plow prep package. I was wondering if there was any special connectors that are on the snowplow prep that I should know about before I start splicing into the other wires.
    Any other info would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    James

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

dont splice!!!! Get a western or fisher or blizzard ect. with a isolation module that is all plug and play. I didnt cut a wire on my truck for my install.......welll I think I spliced into an ign hot wire for my controler power but thats it.

Run proper ballast, get some timbrens and give a few cranks of the t bars :nod:

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Don't spend too much time looking for the invisible firewall hole and grommet.

It's already being used by GM for throttle wires.

Still don't know what the "extra headlight harness" thing is all about. Never found them on mine.

4. jglandscaping

Ive got an older minute mount (electric type) and I will be taking the old loom out of my old truck. Actually I found the extra connector in front of the radiator which I was wondering what it was. I will be running a 7.5' fisher minute mount and I will upgrade to a 8' blade (just blade) in the spring or fall.
    Thank you
    James

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

How old is the old truck? Chances are that the cross harness or the headlights on the plow will not work with the 05

6. jglandscaping

its a 96 silverado. It uses a switch to change from truck head lights to plow ones, and with the auto lights on the new truck i still plan to use the switch method. I got my push plates in from central parts. My dad is a electro/mechanical engineer and we plan on doing it. It shouldnt be to bad cause last time when we put it on the old truck it was 10 degrees out. I plan on splicing because it will be easier and just cheaper than gettting a new loom. It wont be a problem splicing because we use the proper connectors, not the push ones that are junk. the splicing will be done properly.
    Thanks for all of the help guys, if anyone else has an opinion that would be great.
    Thanks
    James