1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05+ f360 turn signal Boss wire colors?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Boss's instructions say to hook up the turn signal "purple" and "yellow" wire into the trucks lighting harness, but it doesnt say what color on the truck it is to splice into.

Anyone wire one of these up themselves and know which color in the light harness i should be looking for? I used Boss's supplied superduty lighting adapter harnesses too.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually, just to clarify on the plow harness....

the PINK wire is the right turn

the Violet wire is the left turn

and the YELLOW wire is the parking lights....

Sorry Ram, I can't help you on the truck wiring color's though... I don't have the diagram in front of me right now...if your not in a hurry, I can get them for you tomorrow though..

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Q you didn't get the adapters or pig tales??

i thought there was no splicing necessary?
    just plug in the adapters?

I have never had to do any splicing?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The adapters only do the head lights... you still need to splice/hard wire the turns and marker wire...

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

?? I'll have to go look, but i'm sure your right;)
    I just don't rember ever having to do any splicing?
    i must be suffering from old timers:D

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

You can unplug the turn/park lamp from the truck and check with a voltmeter which wire is which. that's the safest way just in case the truck manufactor changed the wire colors.

7. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

just use a test light,three wires,common ground,parking,and turn.

I just put a sno way harness on an 05 the other day and I cant recall the colors either.I just used a test light.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Turn wire should be:

R turn = white/light blue
    L turn = light green/white

Park light wire will be brown

9. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

Boss sends a "scotchlock" type connector that clips into the wire and then you plug your harness into the connector you crimped on. All you have to do is find the wire supplying the turn signal and crimp into it. Usually very near the light itself. Without these special crimp on connector you would need to improvise.

10. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

plug in

My 05' had a place where the wires just plugged in. If you take the light assembly out it should be fairly easy to find. i had an 01' that was the same way, no splicing, no tapping into wires just plug & go.

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

thanks b&b... ill look at it tomorrow, ill check with the volt meter too. Thanks for the info, its a great starting point and perfect info if its the same colors on my truck, i just want to get it done so im not worrying about parts not yet completed.

12. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

my 03 f250 and f350 had an extra plug behind each turn signal that pluged into the boss harness. no splicing required at all