1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 f350 suspension

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chriscasto22, Oct 13, 2005.

1. chriscasto22

chriscasto22 Junior Member

just put my x blade (8') on my new 05 f350 powerstroke diesel, front end takes the weight pretty good but it is sagging alittle. is there anything i can do with out having to add an air suspension to the coil springs?
  2. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

timbrens you can add to the front end to take off saging thats what i did.

you should of looked or seached for this cuz it has been beaten to death
  3. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

What springs do you have up front? Ford has factory replacements in 6000#, 6500# and 7000# ratings for the superduty's. I'm in the process up upgrading mine from 5200# to 6000#
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Timbrens are a cheap and easy fix.They replace the factory bump stops and the weight rides on a rubber spring. Central Parts Warehouse has them at $157 for the fronts. Run with some ballast in the back. Air bags tend to develop leaks a lot of times.
  5. sbrennan007

I agree, Timbrens are nice and I've had them on every vehicle, but if your not carrying the plow around that much you may want to just consider new springs.

The new coil springs I ordered are direct from Ford and were $74.00 shipped for the pair!
  6. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Hey I had the same problem. Do a search there are plenty of threads on this topic. I put on a leveling kithttp://www.truxxx.comon my F-250.
  7. chriscasto22

chriscasto22 Junior Member

Kason & Riley, i went to the link you posted, could not find a link for the leveling kit for a 05 f250 or f350? i did see a photo of it under the photo link, is that the same kit? how hard to install? any advise would be greatly appreciated and nice looking truck.

8. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

Chris look in the picture forum under (Finally my new truck pictures). I will be posting pictures soon. That thread has some other info about the leveling kit.

9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Timbrens are a much rougher ride when the plow is not on, since they take about 1/2 hr. to install I removed mine in the summer and put the factory bump stops back in.
  10. sbrennan007

I just received my new springs the other day and installed them. They are the factory Ford 6000# springs that come on the diesel trucks with the plow package.

Took about an hour to both sides total. The ride is much better and the truck sits nice and level now. I figure I went from the 5200# to the 6000# springs so when I have the 800# plow on the front it should sit pretty good.