1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F350 PSD just reflashed, WOW!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Team_Yamaha, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have always thought that my 05 F-350 6.0LPSD/auto was sluggish, but I figured that it was just because I am used to my other 7.3L PSD's both are 6 spds and far from stock. But I got a recall about some emissions thing, so I had the dealership pick-up the truck and do whatever it was that they had to do. Once I got it back it was like a competely different truck, lots of power, better throttle response, and now at 65 mph its running 2000 rpms, before it was running 2200 at 65. Now I really like this truck!! And this morning I just order the Edge Juice with Attitude:D :D I can't wait to see what its like then....

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I got the same recall notice about the emissions. I'm hesitant to have it done because it warns of power loss at cold temps. has it been real cold since you had it done?

3. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

I also heard that it takes the sh!tty fuel milage and makes it worst if thats possable. Notice any chage?

4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I get 15mpg on the highway empty with my 05/auto I would hope it doesn't get any worse.

5. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

I'm happy to ever see 10mpg empty most of the time I'm around 8mpg now that SUCKS

6. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

If you bought an Edge i hope you got the Platinum. If not you are going to toast the tranny. I have been doing diesel performance for a couple of years and have seen a lot of trans failure from the original Edge on the 6.0. That is why they came out with the Platinum.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

ODTD, don't forget about the mileage drop due to cold weather additives too.

8. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Well, I havn't been using the 05 very much, I have only put on about 100 miles since I got it reflashed so I don't know what the mileage is doing yet. Hech, it can't get much worse than it was before. As far as the Edge goes, I got the orginal Juice Box. I had been doing quite a bit of reading about programmers and chips on TheDieselStop.com and from what I have heard the Torqshifts are ok as long as you let them learn the new programs first. I have a buddy out in Colorado that has put more than 70000 miles on his 03 F250 6.0L/Torq with the Edge Juice and his still has the orginal tranny without any problems. So I will see what happens with mine......

9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

any update on the flash Yamaha? I'm thinking I'll go get this done and have them pop in the block heater my truck was supposed to have.