1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F350 front end?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chris k, Feb 26, 2006.

1. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Who did what to their front ends to level off the truck. Even without the plow on they look like they sit about 3" lower than the rear end. I have the Fisher V plow and when I angle the thing all the way the corners are about 1" off the ground. And yes it has the plow prep on it. Any suggestions?

2. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

I installed a Fabtech 2" leveling kit, and shocks. Worked out great.

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The FGAWR is 6000 lbs? I guess you have ballast with your spreader. Is it possible that you need to readjust the chain to lift the plow higher? Seems like all the fisher v plows I see never lift off the ground very far.

4. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

install a set of timbrens. youll be much more satisfied with and without the plow on

5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Destefano,i saw your `05 Ram in Danvers square this morning.Nice rig.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You can and should install Timbrens. You can also upgrade the springs up to the same size that the 550's have. You will sacrifice ride quality though. There are 4 or 5 different springs, from 5400#'s to 7000#'s.

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Added one spring to each side...on my 04 though...didnt think 05's would have that problem as bad. check the chain height.

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Whole lot cheaper to put 7 or 8 hundred pounds in the bed.

How many days a year do you have a plow on that truck?? Why oh why change a suspension for may 20 or 30 nights a year??

Now I can see adding springs to the back for you landscape guys who are consistently overloading a truck..........

9. DESTEFANO3782

Whered You See Me? If I Was Parked Its Cause I Had To Take The Old Lady For Breakfast,

10. DESTEFANO3782

Timbrennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns....... Thats All You Need 150.oo On Cpw

11. chris k

chris k Senior Member

It's not just when the plow is on. I can't stand the look of the truck nose diving in the front. You have all this space in the rear wheel wells and then the front tires are jammed in.
    Gicon - You can't add a spring to the front on the o5's. They have coils.

12. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

I Agree With You 100% On The Front End Sitting Too Low. I Would Like To Know Is The 7000# Spring Upgrade Would Take Care Of This Problem.

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If this helps at all, our '05 550 has an 8611 that weighs approx 1500#'s and the front drops about an inch.

14. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

Why make your truck ride like a buckboard, with the 7000lb springs? An aftermarket leveling kit on an '05 won't change any of the ride characteristics, only the ride height. My truck doesn't squat with the plow installed at all, and I just have a 2" Fabtech leveling kit. Less than $200 from 4Wheel Parts. Install took about 1 hour. Best thing I've added yet.

15. dag-otto

dag-otto Member

Does the leveling kit knock the sterring wheel a few inches to the right?

16. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Parked in front of Brothers Deli.