1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'05 F350 Ext Cab Air filter light

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Jan 31, 2005.

1. I was plowing in the big storm here in the North East last week and the check air filter light came on in the dash. Any one know how to reset it?
    It's an '05 F350 Ext Cab 4X4 Diesel. (Company truck, not mine) Thanks!!
  2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

There is a clear cylindrical switch holder on the back side of the air filter. The center has a yellow button. Push it. There should be a discussion (with a picture) in your owner's manual warning about snow causing this problem.
  3. Thanks Peter, I already tried that before posting here. The dealer is even confused about it. I thought I would post it here to see what the forum members would say since many times they have more experience than the dealers do!!
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Had the same thing happen with ours. I checked the filter, it was clean. What probably happened was the intake plugged with snow or ice and the filter minder thing showed plugged or restricted air flow so it set off the light.

We were able to reset ours and it works fine. The warning light shut off as well.