1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 f350 dump- plow help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gtstang8706, Jul 29, 2011.

1. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Ok, so I just picked up an 05 f350 1 ton dump 4x4, and Im already thinking...SNOW! I currently have an 01 f350 w/ 8' mm. Im thinking ill use that for driveways and small lots, and try to get some bigger commercial and municipal work for the dump.

Any suggestions on a plow? Id like to go w/ fisher, but not sure what size. I'd also like a sander for the truck. Ideas? Im not sure how much I should expect to spend on the plow/ sander, any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Dually truck, go 9' no less. I run 8.5 MM2s on my single axle trucks. Check out the buyers poly 2 yard box. You can get them preseason priced for $3050, not bad for what your getting.

3. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Thanks. That looks like a nice sander. Is there a big difference between gas and electric sanders? As far as the plow, I jus got a price for a 9' mm2 straight blade for $4700 installed. Much higher than I thought. Am I wrong?

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

As far as the plow if its brand new, yea thats right in there actually priced pretty good for installed. Plow prices are going up.

As far as electric to gas, I think its preference. Gas spreaders have gas motor maintenace, and alot more parts to rust. I like my electric, although its good if you have two batteries under your hood to help with the load. I only blew a fuse one time last year on startup because I had the spinner speed on low by accident and it jambed and blew the fuse, otherwise no problems.

Is your new dump gas or diesel?

The buyers SHPE2000 or the 2 yard poly has alot of nice reviews on here, if I need another Vbox thats my choice.

If you are craigslist savy, just search everyday for a fisher plow, they are always on even in the dead of summer and usually you can get some great deals. The only reason guys sell plows in the summer is because they need money.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  5. JD822

JD822 Member

Plows have really gone up. Looking at CPW, for the same blade you are looking at it is $6562.00. For the Xtreme-V they are now $7347.00 for 9.5. So $4700 installed is a very good deal. Unless you want to go to red (Western) they still have decent prices on the 9' for around $4500 and the MVP for $5200. But you would have to install it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  6. gtstang8706

gtstang8706 Member
    from MA

Thanks guys, I priced around and found that $4700 was a frigin steal compared to some other quotes I got! Im going to go with that one. Thanks for all the help!