1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F350 6.0 Transmission Cooler Lines

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by AccuCon, Apr 13, 2015.

1. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I need to replace my tranny cooler lines from the external filter forward. This doesn't seem to be the easiest job to find parts for and I was looking for some ideas or recommendations from you guys.

Basically I know I have to custom run everything but was wondering if anyone had any luck with a kit.

Such as Derale Ford 94-13 Powerstroke Diesel Transmission Trans Cooler Kit 13950

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

stainless steel braided transmission lines?????

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i have started replacing all steel lines with the copper alloy break lines. they never rot out.

4. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I figure if I am doing all this work I should also upgrade the cooler...

Im wondering if I should go with a remote cooler like the above listed item or go with a new cooler in place of the OEM one...Possibly even a remote cooler to that as well...The cooler I can keep my tranny the happier the truck will be...

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

How do the lines connect to the filter. If there quick connects how would you make them?