1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F150 or 05 Explorer??????

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by SnowKid16, Dec 9, 2007.

1. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm currenty 15. Next winter I will be turning 16 and want to know which of these two vehicles, 05 F150 with 4x2, or 05 Explorer with 4x4 would be best to plow with. Also what plow would be best for each vehicle. I only do residential accounts, just FYI. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ryan :waving:

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

The F150 is only 2x4 and Explorers are not made to be work trucks. You could put something light on the Explorer and do your own driveway, but you'll kill that thing if you want to do a bunch of driveways....How about a 4x4 F150?

3. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

How about a 4x4 F150?[/QUOTE]

I dont have a 4x4 F150. Are you saying like do I know someone who has one???????? :dizzy:
    please reply back

Thanks
    Ryan :dizzy:

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I dont have a 4x4 F150. Are you saying like do I know someone who has one???????? :dizzy:
    please reply back

Thanks
    Ryan :dizzy:[/QUOTE]

Huh? You're 15 and have personal access to these vehicles to do whatever you want with them? They aren't plow trucks, find a 4x4.

What's with all the "dizzy" icons? :dizzy:

5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Neither vehicle is suitable to be plowed with. First of all the F150 is only 2 wheel drive and would be getting stuck all the time. The Explorer would be ok with a small like fisher homesteader or western suburbanite plow but not for doing alot of residentials. Find a good older 4X4 truck and go from there, its easier just to start with the right equipment then try to make something thats not meant to do plowing work.

6. SnowKid16

SnowKid16 Junior Member

Thanks for the help!
    xysport
    Ryan

7. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

4 X 4 F-150 all the way, I would not even consider the "exploder" (might work with a shovel tied to the bumper!!!!)