1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 f-350 front springs

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

I Have An 05 F-350 Superduty And I'm Not Happy The Way It Carries My 8ft X Blade. Front End Sags. I Do Have The Snowplow Prep Package, Timbrens But It's Not Doing The Job.. I Talked With The Dealer And I'm Trying To Put A Set Of 7000# Coils In The Front Of The Truck. Has Anybody Done This And If So Does It Help W/ Carrying The Plow/and Will It Raise The Front To Level The Truck Out Without The Plow?

Thanks

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I'm very suprised due you have any balist in the rear?I have a 05 F350 SRW snow prep and a 9ft fisher with the snow foil and cutting edge on it.It is not sagging,do you have 70psi in the front tires?

3. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

80 Psi Front Tires 4-500# Ballast In Rear

4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher's e-match recommends 800 lbs for a 05 f-350 diesel, 4wd, crewcab w/6ft box for an 8ft.X. Try that and see if you are any happier, if youre set up is that much different go to their sit and try the e-match and see what it recommends. FYI bulb type doesn't matter.