1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F-350 18inch Tires

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by chrisd, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

Does Any Body Have Information On Replacement Tires For The 350 Superduty's?? The Original Continnental's Are Terrible

2. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I'm plowing with 18" tires also. 275/65/18 tires to be exact. They were better than I thought they were going to be, but they're starting to get bald now, and at $ 400.00 PER TIRE, I can't afford to get any new ones. Hopefully I'll be alright this winter also.

3. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

What Is The Make Of The Tire And Are They 10 Ply?

4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

No One Makes A 10ply 18inch Snow Tire For The 05-06 F350s

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Contact BFG and express interest in 10 ply 18" tires, maybe it'll help me and everyone else get some sooner.

Continential's suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

6. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I got sick of the Conti's and finally let my tire guy put on what ever he could get. Well last Friday my guy come back with the truck and it now has 275/65R18 BFG A/T's on it and I was skeptical. Well I just got back from a 700 mile trip to my camp in Maine where we had mud, ice & 3" of snow while we we there and I was impressed with how much bettter the truck rode and handeled in the snow. I am happy for now!

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

the BFG AT 285/70/r18 will work if you are not hauling a lot of weight. It is only spec'd to load range D. The problem in question is finding a load range E tire.

8. chrisd

chrisd Member
    from buffalo

How Do The 275/65r/18 Bfg's Handle The Weight Of The Plow Up Front??

What Is The Maxium Psi On The Tire???

My Conti's Are Terrible, But I Don't Want To Buy A Tire That Looks Like It Is Going To Pop Everytime I Put The Plow On.

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to hear about your tire problem. our 550 has 19.5 conti's, over 30,000 miles and not much sign of wear. they are a very good highway tire. not too good off road.

10. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

GOODYEAR Wrangler AT/S 275/65/18 LOAD RANGE E running two sets of the on both a 05 and 06 F-350 great in the snow nice ride great with a load on

I only run these in the snow. I am happy with the CONTI's during the summer and would consider replacing them with the same but AGAIN only for a Summer tire

11. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

for the 19.5"'s just went to the Goodyear G124's in a Load Range F. what an awesome seat of meat but 6 ran up a bill of $2,400. Hope they last