1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 F-250...Salter, Plow more....

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by JeepCreepn01, Oct 18, 2007.

1. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

first off Will NOT seperate dont ask.......2005 F-250 7"6 Western Pro Plow, perfect shape, always cleaned off no rust, stored indoors always, brand new Sno Ex 575 Salt Spreader bought towards end of last season onlly a few bags sent through. truck has 4 whelen 90watt strobes i just installed them, has a 2" lift kit brand new shocks, custom wheels and tires, tires are load range E. sprayed in bedliner, brake controller for trailers, Spotless truck. If i can sell this great i dont have too but i have a company payed truck now
    truck just hit 25,000 miles,has 5.4 V8 always maintained by ford dealer, NO problems at all theres prolly a ton i forgot
    Looking to get $ 27,000 OBO

100_1799.jpg

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice truck

3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

If you get anywhere near $27k, let me know and I'll sell my truck down there too. Nice truck, nonetheless. I like the rims.

4. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

offered almost that at dealer for trade in but not trading

5. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Say it ain't so.

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

And if I may ask WHY you would pass up a sure thing for doing this, knowing full well it could take months?

I don't know you at all, but from your first post it sounds like you'd be a difficult person to deal with.

7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Damn, if a dealer gave you that kind of money....TRADE IT and RUN!

8. YardMedic

He's probably full of crap about that anyway

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I could see where he would say "dont ask" about seperating. Everybody always asks that, in fact thats one of the first things they do ask! As far as price just go to KBB.COM and get a quote. I paid 31458.00 for my 06 F250 XLT REG CAB and about 5,000 for my Fisher and a salt spreader is about 1000.00. If its all new and in next to new condition I dont think its a bad starting point. JMO.

10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Brian, I agree completely. It is a good starting point, but then he says he turned away almost $27,000 from a dealer (and in NJ that $27,000 trade in would have saved you another $1950 in state sales tax bringing the total trade in worth $29,000.00) and that sounds absolutely ridiculous!

Hey, just my opinion here, but I would have given the salesman my wife for 10 minutes as a thank you and both me and the salesman would have left that evening with smiles on our faces!

11. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

i love how you all just try and figure me out, why dont i start at 19,000 and then go up?? I'm not trading anything in, if you all could read it says if i can sell this great but i dont have too, i just took it to a dealer to see and they would give me 24,700 for it, dont believe me call them and ask, YardMedic i am full of crap your right, i say i dont wanna seperate it because i dont, if i did i would have a few other threads one being a snow plow another being a salt spreader and maybe one for the rims and tires
    YardMedic in this thread it said no where that i was parting my truck out so thats why it says dont ask im not being difficult at all the truck is all here and i want it to stay together not have peices of it laying around if i sell it and then try to get rid of them

12. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Relax Jeep: My point is that $27k is way more than you're likely to see for a 5.4 ext.cab.

So, to be more realistic, I'd go around $20 and start there. Even then, you're likely to be in the high teens when all is said and done. Don't take it personal. It's just a truck. It's not your personal worth.

For example, I probably have a similarly equipped F250. But, I think the blue book is only around $18 or 19, so I'd start at about $20 or 21 and be looking to go down from there.

But that's just me. The plow and salter are a wash, no matter what shape they're in. When someone hear's you plowed with that truck, you can knock another few thousand off, if they're even interested at that point.

There are too many trucks like ours that haven't been plowed with that people would be more willing to buy. Maybe you should reconsider the trade in. Just a thought.

13. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

KBB.com says 25,125 hell maybe since the peanut gallery likes to knock every price on this site i should just give it away new truck comes in two weeks so i dont care it can just sit in the shop

14. YardMedic

You're not? Read below...
    Not trying to figure you out; there just seemed to be a certain arrogance about you and the impression that you don't care about anything people might say in response. Again, I don't know you, but it was the impression I got.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  15. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Jeep...it's only worth what people are willing to pay. Unless you find a sucker, you're not going to see $27k, realistically. And believe me when I say, I hope you do get what you're looking for.

But you need to relax with your defenses, man. This site has got some great people that are willing to share their thoughts and experiences. So, if you're not willing to appreciate that, you shouldn't post.

I've been beat up on some of my ideas too, but I don't take it personally. I just let it roll, baby.

Take care

16. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

YardMedic i am getting a company truck meaning company gives me an allowance for a new truck if i want one, and its my truck so there is no trade in i just took it to the dealer to see what they would give me

17. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Yo Jeep,

I believe that the board was just trying to tell you that a realistic used value for the truck is around $20 grand or so, nobody here meant to hurt your feelings or make fun of you so relax and take it in the manor that we meant it,...we were just trying to help you out!

Most of us have been here for a few years and we are from all over hte country. With that kind of experience and broad coverage from around the country, our combined consensus is most likely on the money. There is always the "idiot for every seat " theory, but that is not usually the norm.

There are allot of people here that probably thought that it really would be in your best interest to ask around 20 grand and that if you brought it to a dealer and he offered you 27 then you should have taken it and ran. Nothing personal, it's just a truck so chill out dude!

Don't get upset at people when they respond to a post that you made. We are just making fair comments on what you posted in the first place. Like Pete said, don't make any more posts if you don't like us commenting on them, especially since we were actually looking to help you out...

PEACE OUT DUDE!