1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Duramx Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dent82, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Dent82

Dent82 Member

I have an 05 Duramax with 50,000 miles on it. Yesterday it started running rough so I hurried up and parked it. Checked and changed the fuel filter, cause I have had a ton of problems with crappy diesel. Got back in and tried to start it and it wouldn't fire up. It would turn over just didn't seem like it was getting fuel. So i let it sit for the night cause I was more then upset. Next morning tried it again and after a while cranking it fired up but made the worst knocking I have ever heard and died. So I had it towed in and the dealer still dosen't know what is wrong with it. Oh yeah and the check engine light never came on.

Anyone else out there hear of this or experienced this???

I'm fed up with chevy.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well hopefully you get it figured out. Let us know what the problem was. I am sure all of us with duramaxs will want to know what is going on. I know I do I just bought a 04 with 22,000 miles on it.

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

um. think i would check the oil. :dizzy:
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Check this site out. www.thedieselplace.com They should be very helpful.
    You could spend a few days reading.
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

SALOPEZ had the same thing happen. There is a wiring in the harness that rubs somewhere on the enginer that controls half the injectors. Its a know problem. When the engine gets wet or hot the wire grounds out and causes problems.