1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Duramax with 751,713 miles on it

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by got-h2o, Jan 21, 2010.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A guy over on the DP just took the truck in on trade. I guess there's another 30k undocumented miles on it from a short period when the OD wasn't working. I'm awaiting more details, but I just figured I'd share for now:

751k.jpg

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

And I figure I'll be happy if i get 250,000 KM'S out of my truck LOL, thats crazy

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WOW- that's insane! Shows how good GM's engines really are! wesport Original trans?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder what the trade in value would be? It would be nice to see it hit 1 mill.

5. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i bet it was a rv hauler

6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Thats awesome.

7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Are there any pictures of the truck? Just curious what it looks like... How much work has been done to that truck to get to that kind of milage?

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I assume nothing has been done to it, especially if it was a hotshot truck. A few years back there was an 01 with over 850k on it, all original aside from a couple sets of injectors. Being an 05 injectors wouldn't even be an issue.

No other pics or details yet, but I'll post more if and when I get them.

I want to buy it!!!

9. exmark1

It would be fun to have that truck to see how many miles it would run up to... Does the guy want to sell it?

10. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow! Thats alot of driving for only being an 05

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It is a used car dealer so I assume so ;)

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The guy on DP said it's the original engine and trans.

13. exmark1

Holy Crap that shows reliability! I wonder how much he got for that truck?

14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Too bad GM doesn't actually make the Dmax, its an Isuzu!.....maybe that's a good thing LOL....Regardless, I sure love mine!

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's not the case. GM used Isuzu's help with the initial design, but Isuzu never produced anything. They were originally a paired company, the plant right here in the good ol US of A. GM bought Isuzu's share out years back and its been 100% owned by GM since. Duramax is GM and always has been. You won't find it in any other vehicle besides GM, not even in an Isuzu. Isuzu's help was a good thing, they've been around for nearly 100 years and GM used their engines in MD trucks for quite some time. That's why a lot of dealerships are "Certified Isuzu" repair centers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  16. A Man

A Man Senior Member

My GMC w5500 say's powered by isuzu right on the front of the truck. Must not be the case of heavier gm trucks. That many miles on a truck is something else, makes me want to keep one long enough to give it a try.

17. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Adam - your truck doesnt have a duramax in it, its got a 5.2 izuzu, designed and built by them...

18. craigd

craigd Member

That's basically 8 hours of freeway driving a day for 5 years! Why would anyone, under any circumstances, drive a pickup truck that many miles. Most semis don't get driven that much. I'd say that guy got his money out of that truck. I wonder if he changed his oil every 2 weeks? That's amazing.

19. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

You sure he is a used car dealer? Clicked his profile...his homepage is Karl Tyler Chevy in Montana.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ooo good eye. All I saw was KT motors and assumed ;)