1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Dodge, MDII wiring help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bealaddison, Dec 29, 2009.

1. bealaddison

bealaddison Junior Member

I installed a Meyer MDII from a 99 superduty onto an 05 Dodge 1500. The local Meyer dealer supposedly sent me everything for the swap. I have everything mounted and the plow operates correctly. However I have no instructions for the headlight wiring and the dealer says that is what they send their techs to school for. I have the 2 change over modules and the headlight adapters, but there are a few wires i am not sure about and the dealer won't provide any instrustions. I have been on the website and not been able to find anything.....anybody able to help?
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Heres a link to Meyers Saber Light info

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/IS96 Meyer 1-757.pdf

The middle plug into the module should be gray or green,if it is gray you'll find black - ground, yellow-parking lights, green- turn signal, orange- plow change over switch inside the cab. The green plug will be pretty much the same except it will have red wires which should be fused, they go directly to 12v battery connection.

The headlamp adapter plugs will be different so you'll have to make sure you get the correct plugs,

I'm curious what size blade does this MDII have coming from a Super Duty?
  3. bealaddison

bealaddison Junior Member

It has a 8'6" blade. It is quite a bit for the truck, but the guy only does his own driveway with it. Thanks for the reply. I have some more questions: Do the wires for the park and turn lamps splice into the vehicle's wiring? I found some instructions on the Meyer website...I believe I will have to install a toggle switch for 12v power to the modules and ground the black wires for the turn/park lamps? Am i reading this correctly?:confused: