1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Dmax CCSB lifted and loaded

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ok boys, I'm going to try this one more time. With the other more expensive ones up here I figured I'd give people a cheaper option. Many of you know the truck. I have put it up and taken it off the market for a few different reasons, but now its back. I originally found an 08 that I wanted so I put it for sale........but the 08 sold first so I decided to keep it. I then listed it for sale with a coolant issue that turned out to just be the EGR cooler. Someone could have snapped it up cheap at the time, but nevertheless I'm pricing it fairly IMO. It's back from the dealer with a clean bill of health. I decided to keep it till the end of the season, and now I really don't need it b/c I have plenty of trucks.

186,000 TEXAS miles. Very clean, rust free truck. The miles do not bother me in the least. It runs and drives as if it had 50k. Bone stock aside from exhaust. Loaded, leather, Onstar, Bose 6 disc, etc. Basically every option offered. It listed for $52k or somewhere in the ballpark. RCD 6" lift with Cognito UCA's. 35" Procomp X-MT's on Moto Metal 20's. I lifted it a year and a half ago and replaced idler, pitman, ball joints, etc then. It is a truck and is used as such. It is very nice but not showroom condition. There are a few dings, paint chips, tear in the drivers seat from sliding in and out. Again, sharp, gets tons of looks and compliments, but not perfect.

I've ran a plow on it for the last 2 seasons. Last year it was used on only one lot and saw light use. This year it was a backup truck for plowing and saw maybe 3-4 storms. It was in the dealership for the coolant issue during the blizzard, and although I wish I had it, it was not used to plow during it. I dont feel that plowing hurts trucks, but I just wanted to stress that it has not been used much for plowing, even though it has had a plow on it. It's my personal truck, although I'll pull a trailer, haul a load, plow some snow, etc. It's a truck.

Price is $19k. If I can't sell it, then so be it, I'll keep it around. I owe roughly $17k so I'm not walking away with much once its paid off. I am willing to work a plow in for a couple more grand, although I prefer to keep my plows. I can however work something out on an Unimount 8' pro or something.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

With some of the prices of used trucks on here, and Dmaxes on the internet in general, I'm blown away that there hasn't been any interest in this truck. It's no sweat, I love it, it's a great truck. I just really don't need to keep making the payment on something that I don't need whatsoever. I use my work trucks primarily because I don't mind working them and beating them up. It's nice to have it, if it were paid for I would keep it no questions asked. Anyone that wants to buy a truck to lift could save a crap load of money here. It's priced right in line with stock, same optioned trucks with similar miles, and has about $6k+ in extras.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, it could be worse, you could be upside down on it like half the other chaps around here...

Nice lookin' truck though.

5. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I think you need a lesson in used cars. Aftermarket rims = devalue price of truck. You like it doesnt mean everyone else will. Lift kit = devalue price of truck. Its unpratical is so many ways. Its plowed before = price devalued. 186k texas miles= price devalued you live in NW indiana. So your big toy that most people will look at as a Big toy that is completely useless and probably only get 13mpg if your luck and diesel is at 4+ a gallon = 15k if your lucky. Take off lift and tires and you maybe able to sell it. Your truck is unique and will only atract certain crowd and most want there own design. So you are going to own to own till it dies. Since you seem to be upside down on it. Loose the lift and it will be an easier sell

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think you are 100% wrong. You need to check the market. You're starting the car dealer trade talk. Lifts and wheels are bad, till they go to sell it.

For one, I'm FAR from upside down on it. I owe quite a bit less than my asking price. For 2 I could care less if it sells, I'm just surprised it hasn't. It's one of many trucks, and one that I don't really need anymore. If it sells I will likely just buy a new one in the near future anyway. I get burned out on vehicles and usually replace them every couple of years. For some reason this one has hung on for longer.

3, It's far from useless. It pulls a trailer, hauls scrap, wood, etc, and plows snow when I need it to. All of the uses I've needed it for. 4, 13mpg's is funny. Unloaded on the highway usually averages low 20's, although multi use usually will see mid teens. Not 4cyl milage, but not horrible IMO. 5, TX miles do count in IN. Here we don't see much highway use with the hustle and bustle of the city. TX does......also, TX doesn't have winter salt, therefore this truck is 10x cleaner than any other 180k miled truck around here......my main point in making the statement. 6, get out of my ad if all you are here for is to bash it. You really need to meet me and know who I am before you continue making a fool out of yourself by judging me and my truck. You are the first person since I've owned it to have anything but good things to say about it. B/c it's not your cup of tea does NOT mean there's no market for such a thing. There are many people on this board that would love to have it.

What do you drive by the way..........I assume it's not a "big toy" like my many useless vehicles?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thank you sir. And yes, good point.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you need a lesson in how to read and shutting your mouth!

9. wizardsr

MrPlow is a troll and has stepped in a lot of sh!t in his short time here...

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the support fellas, I thought it was just me.

11. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Heres a Picture of Mr.Plow talking about the Evils of Aftermarket Rims and a Lifted Truck to his Crew.....

Good Luck with your Sale...Looks like a Nice Truck

Mr_Plow.gif

12. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Umm I think you forgot to hijack this thread and try to sell your old Chevy. Like you have done on many threads

13. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I mostly certainly Do drive a Big toy. No lift kit thought been burned on that before. Had banks saying no to people becuase they devalued truck and if the bank needs to repossed it. Guess who buys it. A car dealer that knows its a real tough sell. If you have the know how. Pull the lift kit off and sell it serperatly. And put back on the stock tires. As for mpg you speedo is probably way off from the over sized tires.

Maybe I shouldnt have used word useless. But 99% of used truck buyers dont want a lifted one. You have your truck geared towards an age demographic of 18-28yr old man who wants a toy. So you see you are really hurting your market.

As for lots wanting. Yeah ofcourse its cool looking. But most will tell you its not real work truck world useable. Plowing with it even takes a litle more skill becuase of the less visabilty and larger blind spots.

As my toys. I owned a 98 Road King with a turbo on it and every last bit of chrome. Bought it brand new in 98 cost me 42k. I put thousands into replacing pitting chrome and endless repairs becuase of the turbo. I finally got sick of it and tried to sell. Got a bunch of dreamers and test riders. Finally went to a dealer and tried to trade it in. I was almost in tears on the amount the offered me. The sales mananger told me. Bike is useless with the turbo on it and would want to rebuild motor because of the extra strain. And wouldnt even put the turbo or the exhaust that cost me 7500 combined back on it. Because it would be a real hard sell. So I took off turbo and replaced exhaust with a Rinehart and sold turbo and exhaust for 3k and then bike sold.

Also keep in mind that women have also have alot of say into what truck guys buy.

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I think what you don't realize is the hitch and bedrails are probably damn near the same height as his NON LIFTED '04 psd. I have friends with leveled (1.5" mind you, hardly a difference) '08 fords that sit the same as my dmax would with a 6" kit and 35s like Bill has... I have a friend who is on here actually that just traded in his truck and he got MORE on trade for the truck because of the lift and he plowed/towed with it the whole time he owned it..

15. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

I understand drop hitches. But that truck is lifted 6 inches and it will hurt the sale. Not easy to get in and out of. unless your young. He has nice loaded truck that probably lived it life pulling a trailer or a camper. He took away that market when he lifted it. No wife is going to put up with climbing in and out it.

Maybe he got more where you lived. Or he flubbed the number a lil. Keep in mind when buying a new truck there is a lot play in the numbers to make it look good.

16. wizardsr

MrPlow, you need a new hobby. This trolling thing ain't working out very well for you.

17. exmark1

Listen here as#$@#le I have mentioned selling that truck 1 time in response to a guy who said he would take a partial trade of something like what I had so unless you have a problem with that shut the FU%# up and go away!

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you ignore him he'll go away. Nice truck good luck with the sale.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

x2...................

20. exmark1

Good point guys...sometimes it's hard to let it go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.