1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 Chevy 4500 shuts off when trying to work minute 2 mount plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NeckDlight, Dec 11, 2010.

1. NeckDlight

NeckDlight Junior Member

I have a 2005 Chevy 4500 truck with a minute 2 mount plow system. Over the summer we had to take the truck to a dealer to fix a corroaded grounding strap that went from the engine to the frame of the truck. now when we try and work the plow up down left and right the whole truck shuts off. I know there is a grounding issue going on I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. I have taken a ground wire from the ground side of the main power and ground harness that goes to the plow unit itself strait to the frame. That worked for a short time. this sounds silly but its like this thing looses memory or something. because a week later when I hooked the plow it the whole truck shut off. again. So yesterday I took another ground wire from one of the batteries on the truck to the ground wire on the plow. well that worked over night, this morning I go to work the plow and the truck shuts off again. I am at a loss. I know its a ground issue can anyone help me.