1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 810 lift cylinder questions?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by frdtrckmnrich, Nov 7, 2011.

1. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

i have an 05 810 that is currently dissassembled and the lift cylinder needs to be replaced.
    So,

1. is it possible to put the lift cylinder from an 8611 in the 810? according to the blizzard specs the 810 uses a 3"x4 5/8" cylinder and the 8611 uses a 3 1/2" x 4 5/8" cylinder.

2. Has anyone ever used the aftermarket cylinder in place of factory cylinders? Good? Bad?

Thanks for your input!

2. frdtrckmnrich

30+ views and no comments?????? Hmmm?

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It is possible and "popular". Might as well upgrade to the 8611 pump at the same time...

4. frdtrckmnrich

What is the difference between them?

I ordered the aftermarket cylinder for the 8611 today.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The 8611 pump has a larger displacement than the 810 pump.

Jerre likely has them in stock.

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

the reason for no comments is now u got 30+ people thinking the same !!!!!!! and yes it will

7. frdtrckmnrich

Got the new cylider yesterday. I had to slightly modify the bottom of the a-frame to get it in but otherwise it fits great. I plan to reassemble the plow today or tomorrow so i will kno wmore then.