1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 2500HD w/9' X-Blade

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 05DURAMAX, Nov 27, 2005.

1. 05DURAMAX

05DURAMAX Junior Member

This past weekend was the first time I have had the new plow on the new truck. I originally had an 05 Ford F350 that I installed the plow on in March. Never got to plow and the Ford was towed in numerous times for various issues. This is my first Chevy coming from all Fords and I am very pleased. I was concerned about the 9' being a little heavy for the Chevy suspension, but after adding timbrens, cranking the torsion bars and adding the right balace the truck seems to handle the plow just fine.
    Last winter I plowed with my old 87 Jeep Wrangler so this was a big step...Instead of driveways I will be plowing for the town that I live in. The route I have is all new pavement and very easy so hopefully we will get some snow!!!

Let me know what you think!

2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

plowing roads for the township?...what kind of warning lights are you putting on?..otherwise thats a great looking truck...it hardly squats at all with the diesel engine and plow up front
  3. 05DURAMAX

05DURAMAX Junior Member

Actually I installed 4 corner strobes, the fronts are located in the directionals and the rear two are also in the directionals. The town trucks running around have the corner strobes, and while I thought of doing a little more, I figured it might become a little annoying in the middle of a snow storm. The 4 corners show up great, even the fronts with the plow down ofcourse.
  4. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Hey just wondering if you know anything about the corner strobes being illegal. We have them on all of our trucks, new addition this year and one of our guys got pulled over coming out of a parking lot we plow and the cop was going to give him a ticket for the strobes and a bunch of other stupid crap. He was told you must be an emergency vehicle to have any sort of blinking lights on your vehicle, i guess that means no 4 ways right. I was under the impression if the light is amber then it is perfectly legal, correct me if im wrong. Thanks
  5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

It all depends what state Your in and where you put the hideaways(turn signals, running lights, ect. I'm pretty sure in most stats you CAN'T have any forward facing lights any color besides amber and clear. As far as rear facing ones in michigan anyways I belive you can have red also. But check your local and state laws. If i was plowing for the township on roads I would definetly get at least a dual rotator light bar or an equal equivalent. Drivers are crazy sometimes.
  6. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

hey duramax
    i was just at cooney's old farm by norino dr&113
  7. deh8255

deh8255 Member
    from Indiana

Awesome Rig!

Awesome Rig! Nice, clean, professional looking setup!
  8. NASConst_land

NASConst_land Member

Ya we are going to check with the local police station, I dont understand how they can be illegal if we only have them on while actually plowing. We just ordered all Whelen 6 strobe mini edge bars for the trucks as well. I want to be lit up like a christmas tree, least chance of being hit, or someone cutting you off. Ill let you know what the verdict is on the strobes when i find out tomorrow.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Really awsome setup there! congrats, chevy over ford!!!!!
  10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

corner strobe kits for vehicles are legal to have ... as long as they're not used on the highways or freeways .... plowing snow in commercial lots. they are fine .. backing out into on coming traffic or busy street there ok to have .... thats what a michigan state cop told me last year ...
  11. maurader

maurader Member

That's a sweet looking setup that you have there. That is the first time I've seen an x-blade with a deflector. Thanks, now I'll have to look into getting one for my plow.
  12. 05DURAMAX

05DURAMAX Junior Member

Yeah I debated on the flap considering the X-Blade has a little more curl than a regular fisher, but after talking to a few X-Blade owners in my area they said the flap definetly cuts down on stuff coming up over....ofcourse that depends on how fast, esp. on streets. I paid $244.00 for the flap, I suppose I could have made my own, but mine as well have everything. I also added the curb guides which the dealer said would help the corner of the plow, esp against curbs when plowing streets.
  13. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

i don't see how flashing lights can be illegal. cement mixers and garbage trucks have them and they come on every time they hit the brakes or put on a turn signal.
  14. 05DURAMAX

05DURAMAX Junior Member

Flashing lights are not illegal. And there is no problem with strobes in the front or back (atleast in Ma). I always thought you had to have some kind of light to be covered if you were hit by another vehicle. Light laws vary state to state, I am also a call firefighter in my town so I have red light permit. I know in other states where police cars have red lights I think it is illegal for a personal vehicle to have red also. I think I would have to remove or cover my red lights up....that is if I had any.