1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 2500hd tranny lines

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mpriester, Nov 10, 2012.

1. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

I have searched on here and found several post but what i'm looking for i can't seem to find. How hard is it to change these? i have one thats seeping a little and want to change it but have never done these before. i know you just pull the keeper back, remove the clip and pull the line out but how much room is there to work around the tranny. i would much rather do this my self as it seems fairly simple. Any tips on this. Thank You

2. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

One of my clips was corroded in there making it a pain to get it out. Other than that the hardest part is routing the new one in there.

I would look at some of the aftermarket ones as they will be easier to install and wont leak in two years like the oem ones.

Check dieselplace for more info.

3. KDB33

KDB33 Junior Member

I just replaced my cooler lines with the 5/8" ones from Red's Auto Rehab. http://www.redsautorehab.com/index....s_id=4&zenid=0711bf30a9509abed70f10c920427357. I went with the 5/8 instead of 1/2 hoping it will help cool the oil a bit more. They are the best ones I could find and I am happy with them. As far as the install I ended up cutting out the old ones since they were all leaking anyway this made it a lot easier to get them out although I did get transdyn oil everywhere. Putting the new lines in wasnt too bad but it was a tight squeeze using the 5/8" lines. Definitely go with aftermarket lines. The OEM ones will leak again eventually plus they cost the same as the good quality aftermarket lines.

4. crazyboy

crazyboy Senior Member
    from NJ

Getting those pesky clips out and getting the new lines in is the biggest pita of the job. Get yourself some new clips too, you'll be sure to loose a few in the process.

5. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i picked up the lines and all new clips yesterday.All 3 lines cost me under $80.00. If i had the time i would just go to the local hydraulic shop and have them make me flex lines for it but for now this will have to do. If the weather isn't bad this weekend i'll get them changed. Thank You Guys for all the help.