1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 2500HD front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Plowfast9957, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Hey i was wondering if anyone else has a problem with a rattle in the front end. Mostly at high speed, exit ramps etc., there feels like a slight rattle like someting is loose. I also drive an 04 3500 for work and it has the same problem but ot near as bad as my truck.

2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

I have a 05 2500hd crew cab that I have had for 4 months and I hate driving it because of the noise.The truck has 1500 milesand has been to the dealer 2 times. I am going to leave it and tell the dealer to fix it or its staying. I was told it was a steering shaft.
  3. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

Front end rattle.

Just had my 04 2500hd in for this. They grease the steering shaft with some special grease. Supposedly from 03 on they have installed a redesigned steering shaft but it has not fixed the problem they have been having since 99. Any way my rattle is gone who knows when it will come back.
  4. mickman

mickman Senior Member

I have 2 2500 hd's. I had one fixed. and I'm pretty sure it was a steering
    shaft problem. My other one does it too, so that will go in. I think that they had to replace a seal or boot. The steering just feels loose in the shaft, & your just waiting for the steering wheel to come off in your hands!
  5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

my 04 2500hd is going in to the dealer monday for the same. When I explain to service manager the rattle they knew right away it was . I hope it is a once a done fix.
  6. 04chevyHD4me

04chevyHD4me Junior Member

Same thing with my HD. :nod: The inner shaft rattles around and makes it feel like something is loose in the front end. I just got my truck fixed by GM. They knew what it was right away. It took only 30 minutes to replace it. I guess GM has revised the design and should be fine now. :D