1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 2500 Hemi QC w/ blizzard 810

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MnM, Nov 4, 2005.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

what is my best option for this much weight on my front end. A 810 is 900 and change. Should I go Timbrens or get 3500 springs is there even a difference in the springs anyway?thanks

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Does the truck have the plow prep package?
    what is the # on the springs that you have?
    There is a tag on the coil spring what is the last two digits, that will tell us witch ones you already have.
    That should give us a place to start.

3. MnM

MnM Senior Member

It already has the plow prep. I will take a look at those numbers ......thanks

4. MnM

MnM Senior Member

the numbers read as follows:driver: 984AA
    passenger: 983AA
    Do I need to upgrade????

5. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

That# doesn't look right. It is a blue tag wrapted around the coil there is a couple rows if # on it, on the bottom row it will have 3 or 4 # like 039, or 038 or 046 , 047 you want the last 2 didgets. that will tell you witch springs you have, The plow prep springs for a gaser 2500 are 039 & 038.

6. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

97 3/4 dodge 4x4

Would the numbers be the same on my truck ?

:cool:

7. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Not sure? what year, & model & options do you have? You could take a look and see if your tag is still on the spring.
    or you could decipher the vin it should tell you what options the truck has.

8. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Ditto

Hello,
    I'm new to the Plowsite forum and was looking for help.
    I have a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad cab 2500HD :) with a snow plow prep package and was looking at my front springs to see what's up. the part # is 52113984AA on the drivers side and 52113983AA on the passenger side.
    I am interested in either the blizzard 810 or snoway29 plow. Any help would be appreciated. :salute:

9. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Is there a another tag? I think there blue, It's not the part#, it's the coil spring load rating it should have three digits on it. like 039 or 038,047 etc..

10. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Hello SnoFarmer,
    Thanks for the quick reply, there is only one tag on the front spring itself. The other numbers on that same tag read "984AA" and "71765" The tag is white with a green band on one side and white with a blue band on the otherside.:nod:

11. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

Anybody?:confused: :dizzy:

12. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I have an 8'2" Boss V that weighs 860lbs on an 03 Ram 2500 with the Hemi and plow prep package. I do not have Timbrens in the front and have not used balasts in the back. I have not had any problems with this set up, but I do think that the weight technically voids my warranty. I've never brought my truck to the dealership with the plow on the front and they've never questioned the weight of my plow when doing warranty work.

13. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

Dodge Owners/Undercarriage Blizzard Fit Question??

How does the driver's side upper attachment brace fit on your truck?? I just had a new 800 put on my '05 Dodge 2500 and noticed that the upper attachment brace that runs along the upper frame rail bolts to the inside of the frame rail with one bolt. It's shoulder or shelf doesn't appear to come in contact with the under side of the frame rail that it sits under. The passenger side is up nice and tight under/against the frame rail.

Anyone else see the same "poor fit"? Looks lousy for fit.
    Thanks
    Ed

14. Farmer_01

Farmer_01 Member

I did it and got the snoway 29" x 8' purplebou

15. MichiganPlowMan

MichiganPlowMan Junior Member

The Dodge springs for the 2500HD with plow prep are the same springs as the 3500 on the gas engines. The only way to get heavier springs is to install the springs for the diesel engine setup.
    payup

16. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

i have an 05 with an 810 and put a set of timbrens on it and its good as new. looks and rides great dont even kno the 950lbs is there.

17. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

what exactly is a timbren?

18. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Search threads for this post from Up North: Timbrens...before and after pics He posted pictures of his truck before he installed timbrens and after. They replace the factory bump stops on your truck and help stabilize heavy loads on your truck...such as snowplows:rolleyes: Check that post out.:waving: