1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 2500 HD Over Heating

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CamLand, Dec 3, 2005.

1. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Ok I know this has been discussed over and over but what I need to know is the correct replacement number so I can get the work done on this Overheating issue...I looked at most all the threads and they discuss the 03 and 04 but I just need to make sure I'm getting the correct PN ..thanks
  2. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i have an 04 2500...overheats very easily, i am fabricating a deflector to get air in the rad...sick of this
  3. Bowlerdude

Bowlerdude Junior Member

Because of the way the air is routed to the radiator of the newer Chevy Silverado once a Western Plow is in the full up position the blade stops most the air from reaching the Radiator.

The solution is partially lower the blade to allow more air to reach the radiator when travelling from job to job.

4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I just had a brand new western 8' installed last week on my 05 F250. Was concerned about how hot it would run since it was a good 15 mile drive home from the shop.

Had no problems. Fully raised she stayed within normal limits driving highway speeds of 40-55. I kept it under 60 the whole way home. Didnt have any problems. About half way home though I lowered the blade about 1/3 down, to see if that cause it to overheat and still nothing.

PS: I did get the FX and snow prep package on my truck so that may have something to do with it, dunno. Good thing is, I dont have to worry about it overheating, atleast not yet (knock, knock, knocK)

Good luck.

JRKRACE Senior Member

IIRC there is a TSB for an upgraded fan clutch on GM Snow plow prepped trucks.....Ask your dealer. I had mine replaced and no problems to date..Do a search and you will find the TSB number..