1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

05 1500 700 lbs??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by rawfish, Nov 15, 2005.

1. rawfish

rawfish Member

I have a 05 1500 the dealer said that the jiniker 7' poly plow witch is at 400lbs is just about all the truck can take. Is that true or should I up to the steel one thats 700 lbs?

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

7ft is WAY TO SMALL on a full size truck.Look at a 760lt blizzard

3. rawfish

rawfish Member

It is a full size truck but the new trucks also don;t have much on the front to take alot of weight.

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 760LT on my 04. Havent plowed with it yet but handles on the road fine.

5. rawfish

rawfish Member

how bad does the front sag with the plow up?

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have timbrens installed, So I'd say less than an inch. Here's a few pics of my set up. Cant really tell sag, but you can see what it looks like.

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00086.JPG

7. rawfish

rawfish Member

what the weight on that plow? Also any side shots?

Thanks

8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

go to the top of the page and look on the blizzard web site.Lots of good info on there

9. rawfish

rawfish Member

thats a light plow at only 550 lbs the hiniker 7.5 is 800lbs

10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Go with something in the middle of the two weights you mentioned above. Something like a Fisher RD 7'6" or a Western 7'6" or a Blizzard 760 or a Boss 7'5". All these plows are in the 500 LB range which is perfect for your truck. I would add timbrens to help out up front and 600 LBS or so of weight in the bed behind or over the rear axle. Beyond that your all set.

11. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Wow that setup looks good. My old ram 1500 was hit and totalled by a drunk driver, so I got a new 05 1500 with the painted grill and bumpers, and thought a plow might look dumb on such a setup thus why I havent gotten one for it, but that dont look half bad at all :). Got to go to the blizzard dealer tomorrow.

12. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

2001 1500

:waving: Hi Rawfish, I don't know what that dealers talking about. I've been plowing with a Western 7'6" ( model 60018) with my 2001 Ram 1500 for past 2 yrs. No Problems!:salute:
    PaleRider

13. 345HEMI

345HEMI Junior Member

just put a boss 7'6" STD duty on my '04 1500. had the torsion bars turned up, and put timbrens in it. gained 3" in the front of the truck, and holds the plow great! haven't used it yet, 'cause it is still raining, but it rode great down the road. the plow weighs 650lbs.

14. rawfish

rawfish Member

Thanks for all of your help guys!!:drinkup: I was in a hurry and didn't have time to reaserch it much so I went with there recomendation. I ended up buying a 7' poly hiniker, I'll post pics up soon.

Thanks again

Henry