1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 wipers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mushplows87, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mushplows87

mushplows87 Junior Member

hello, i have a 04 gmc full size 4.8 l pick up, every time i use the wipers i have to pull the fuse or wait overnite to be able to shut them off, the only function that works is high or low.......i start off in delay mode and they go into one of those two by themselves and wont shut off ?? thanks Joe PS i looked everywhere for arepl. pc board and could not find one listed for this year truck .....still stumped

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The PC board is fractured in the wiper motor (as you suspect) but it can be replaced without purchasing an entire new motor. Just need a trip to the dealers parts dept for a replacement PC board. They run around $50-$60 and can be changed in under an hour.

Doesn't happen nearly as often as it's used to on the OBS trucks which were plagued by this issue but it does still happen from time to time.