1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 tacoma mm2 plow??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by gsxwonger, Dec 23, 2009.

1. gsxwonger

gsxwonger Junior Member

hey guys
    new to the board and seeking some answers. i have a 2004 toyota tacoma.
    a local dealer sold me a fisher minute mount 2 for my truck. i had a local shop install it for me. needless to say its not on my truck yet. my problem is that the push plates is too narrow for the plow. id i get sold the wrong push plates or is there no application for my truck for a minute mount 2 6' 9". if im not mistaken i have seen tacomas with this plow on it before. help please

2. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

If the pushplates don't fit the plow they are supposed to mate with I'd have to say they are the wrong ones

3. gsxwonger

gsxwonger Junior Member

i did a search and saw something about the push plates got discontinued from fisher for the 6'9" ld plow
    and when i search on fishers site it says only homesteader they recommend. all the parts bolted up correctly. is there a differnce between the homesteader and ld plow push plates?

4. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Just hang my 8 footer off it

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Really?

I would take it to a dealer and tell them to make fit.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah....good luck with that. :rolleyes:

7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Ehhh, Arrowhead will make anything fit for the right price.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The "big" MM plows have push plate spacing of 29 1/8". These are the 7' 6" RD and bigger plows. Push plates for 1/2 ton and bigger trucks will mount up with spacing of 29 1/8". Smaller plows, like the 6'9" have push plate spacing of 25 1/8". Push plates for Jeeps, Tacomas, Canyons, etc. should have spacing of 25 1/8". I think Dakotas and Tundras take the bigger plows. Sounds like you have Taco push plates, but the wrong plow. Have you measured the plow?

I don't know what the spacing is for the Homesteader. But they are completely different than MM plates.

Take some measurements, and maybe pics.

9. gsxwonger

gsxwonger Junior Member

those measurements are dead on. thats what i was thinking. i think they delivered wrong plow. the push plates measure 25 and the plow measures 29.
    so what part do i need? a complete headgear? any part numbers?
    thanks so much guys.

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What size is the plow? 7'6"?

11. gsxwonger

gsxwonger Junior Member

the plow is 6' 9"

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Call your dealer. I'm sure they want that headgear back. Sounds like they mounted the blade on the wrong headgear to me. I'm not sure if the A-frames are different or not.

13. gsxwonger

gsxwonger Junior Member

i talked to the dealer and im pretty sure they are gonna send me a new headgear. but wont know for sure till monday when fisher is open. maybe they will send one assembled.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Cool. Post a pic once you get it straightened out.

15. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

cant you change the push beam ? i converted a 7.5 to a 8... still running it
    all i did was cut and move the spring pins...:waving:

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

He has a minute mount. The whole headgear will need to be changed.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Headgear and A frame.

Hope he keeps this thread up to date....I'm thinking there is more then meets the eye here.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The measurements he took were exactly as I expected. The question is does Fisher still do normal LD setups for the smaller spaced headgear? Or is it Homesteader only?

19. RepoMan207

from Maine

I asked Bob last week, according to him there done. Wither or not he bought old stock or not.....who knows.

20. Santry426

Santry426 Senior Member

Yea hopefully the dealer he bought it from does something about this to make it right, Sure all the truck side is done and there's a poss. it wont work