1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Silverado Vent Problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by crossboneracing, Oct 9, 2011.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Anybody know the part number for the actuator that controls the vent system (floor, top vents, defrost, etc)? Right now it is stuck in defrost mode. Its manual dual zone. I tried to recalibrate and it got stuck in the default mode of defrost. Any help is appreciated. Truck is an 04 2500HD

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Check rockauto.com.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You can pull the battery off again for a few minutes, or easier: pull HVAC for 2 minutes. Then put it back in with the ignition off. Then turn the key to the RUN position, but don't start the engine. Don't touch the HVAC controls for 2 minutes, and you should hear the actuators and blower motor going through all the modes and speeds.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I know you said its the manual dual zone so I take it its not the digital one? I had a issue with my digital one and it ended up something inside went bad and fried it. Cost 300 bucks for a new one.

5. herbert02

herbert02 Member

Had same problem with mine. It was the blendor.

6. crossboneracing

Pretty sure its the actuator. Ordered one Friday. Should be in today. Let you guys know how it goes. Sucks, just replaced the blend door acutator last weekend. Now another $75 for this. Oh well, could be worse!

7. crossboneracing

On another note, does anyone know where you can get a full stainless brake line kit for an 04 2500hd, gas, excab short bed?

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Just went through the same thing on an 04 Silverado. First it was drivers side stuck on heat mode, fixed that then shortly after system was stuck in defrost mode, that actuator was a PIA to replace compared to the first one, but all is good, for now.

9. buddymanzpop

I saw a post on this site not too long ago where there was a link for the pre-bent S.S. lines, I'll see if I can locate it, they weren't cheap.

10. buddymanzpop

Found it, here's the link http://www.classictube.com/ or just google classic tube.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  11. crossboneracing

Hey guys, just to update this. First, it was the mode actuator, which is a pain in the you know what to change. If I can give anyone a tip on doing this, remove the whole cam with the actuator and re-install the same way. It will save you a lot of trouble. Also, a thumb ratchet is helpful for the top bolt as its NOT easy to get to! As far as the stainless lines go, I only see crew cab listed??

12. buddymanzpop

That def, floor and dash vent mode actuator is a real PIA, but there is always an upside to things, imagine having to after it with a truck that has buckets and a console. Where did you get it for $75? That's a decent price for that actuatuor, I had the same situation in an 04 3500 first the heat/ac blend stuck on heat then the mode went and was stuck on defrost.

13. crossboneracing

The truck does have the buckets with the console! I bought it from GM Parts Giant. It was actually only $48 plus shipping. Dealer wanted $75