1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Silverado 2500 Uni-Mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Racer593, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Racer593

Racer593 Member

OK everyone. Can I get a Uni-Mount Truckside for my 2004 Silverado 2500? I've found what looks to be differing info on this, some says yes and the others say no. I don't want to do the conversion if I dont have to. I know there is someone on here that can answer this.
    Thanks

Chris

2. Racer593

Racer593 Member

Really???? C'mon, someones gotta know....

Chris

3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Last year i installed one on my dads 04 1500 crew cab. It wasnt cheap but it was available. I would look on ebay or craigslist first. I'll try to remember who i bought mine from, it was a guy in PA who posts on this site, cant remember his name now tho. I think there is a decal on the mount with his company name so ill check it out tomara.

4. Racer593

Racer593 Member

Thanks alot. I was starting to get a bit nervous!!! Was it a new unit or used?

Chris

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

It was new, i got it last november. Ive seen a few on ebay since then tho. I'll check out the decal on the mount when i see the truck tomorrow and report back.

6. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

7. Racer593

Racer593 Member

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a used one for sale,send me a pm.

9. Racer593

Racer593 Member

PM Sent

Chris

10. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

still need the bracket?

11. Racer593

Racer593 Member

Laid off and in a pinch at the moment. Was actually just looking at a pic of your truck in the other thread. What year truck is that and is it a Chevy or GMC. Worried about bumper clearance.
    Also have a 9 pin 99 burb unimount that I was going to keep as a backup truck but have to go 12 pin on the 04, so I am now planning on parting out or trading everything off of my Burb rather than changing 2 trucks around.
    It sucks to be a plumber in the rustbelt right now....
    Thanks

Chris

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

That truck is an o3 Chevy that I posted the pictures on.

I couldn't agree more. I am a plumber/ fitter also and well, work is crappy to say the least.