1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 sierra lb7 smokes.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Oct 18, 2009.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Heys guys I have a 04 sierra with a lb7 duramax with 705?? Miles on it. I noticed the other day that when it sits at idel it smokes light blue. I have no idea what's going on with it. Its completely stock with no mods what so ever. If anyone has any insite on this that would be awesome.

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Injectors...My 2004 did the same thing right around 70,000 miles, I sold it shortly after fixing it however

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Mine does it too when its warming up in the morning...read up on DP, its normal...i guess mine is a LBZ so it may be different

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Do you think GM might warrnty this? I know they have recalls out on there injectors.

5. exmark1

Mine was, I think the warranty goes up to 200,000 miles.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Perfect. I am gonna bring mine in then and see what they have to say.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Can't believe you didn't even ask me. C'mon... Get me that last 8 of your VIN. Who's your local dealer?

8. exmark1

Does it smell like unburned diesel fuel under the hood or around the truck when it's smoking?

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Pat I have 2 dealers that are the same distance from me. One is betten auto center in grand haven, and the other is elhart automotive. Or elhart pontiac gmc jeep. Well I guess just elhart gmc now because they don't make pontiacs anymore and dodge made the owner close his dodge portion of his business. I will get those numbers to you later today. Thanks.

10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Myn did that in the spring... Turned out being 4 injectors were done... Hope you got warranty on that thing.................

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Gm should warrenty this problem. My boss had his done this past spring also. His was to the point where it was shacking the truck they were so bad.

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Brought the truck down to the dealer today. Its covered. It goes in wednesday morning for digonstic work first to make sure its the injectors. Apparently they need to meet a certian spec before gm will warrenty them. I find out wednesday what the verdic is. I'll keep everyone posted.

13. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

Your lucky if they say they will cover it. I went over this with my dealer last year because of the truck being a 04. If you read the gm extended warranty it says 01-03 lb7's. Even though the early 04's had the same motor. Kinda of a typo on gms part. But maybe there has been more people that had issues with 04 and they changed it.

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

The number 2 injector is completely shot and causing the truck to miss like a pita. The guy that has the truck is going to see what he can do for me about getting it covered. He knows a bunch of guys at a local dealer, but he says no promises. I ended up bring it to Merchant Auto In zeeland Mi, as he is about 15 min from my house, and the closest gmc deal is a tool.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

From what I've heard your in good hands with it being at Merchant.

16. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

May head there after the winter for a SC4, only hear good things about merchant on DP.

17. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

My buddy just took his 04 in for the smoke issue. Told him on the inital tests that 4 injectors were bad.
    Said all would be replaced under warranty. Two days later they called to tell him his truck was done but didn't need injectors because of a new bulleton changed the pass/fail specs. GM's tightening the freebie belt I guess.

18. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

04 LB7 injectors are covered under the 7yr 200k. It took gm awhile to cover the 04s, I got my letter a year ago

19. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Gm will not cover mine due to the fact I am falling between the 158 and 160 mark that they have set. Even though 2 are bad they won't touch it because I am at 159. This is such bs.

20. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Mine smokes a good bit too, I think I'll bring it in.....