1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Sierra door switch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Aug 16, 2012.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I have a 04 sierra ext cab. I just recently noticed that when I shut my truck off and go to get out when the door is open (truck off) the radio does not shut off nor does the dome light come on. When I open the passenger door the radio will shut off and the dome light will come on. I am curious where that switch is or whatever it may be so I can fix it. Hopefully some of you have experienced this and have fixed it before. Thanks guys.

2. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Its actually in the door latch.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

So how does one fix that?

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Spray the crap out of it with pb blater or equiv first and see if it fixes it. Easy to fix, pull the panel pop off a few rods electrical connector and remove the srews from the door jamb.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Thanks for the help guys I will give it a try.

6. TomsSnowPlowING

TomsSnowPlowING Senior Member

So did it work?

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Been on duty at my fd all day planning on trying it when I come off shift tomorrow morning. I will let you know.