1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Ranger With Plow New To Me

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mikeeg, Feb 4, 2006.

1. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

2. Brandon

Brandon Member

Can't see the plow....what kind is it?

3. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04xlt plow

I'am trying to master the art of uploading pics not doing to good.Truck is a 04 xlt Ford Ranger with 3" lift and 33's with a 6'5" Western mm.plow.Here we go with the pic try

4. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04xlt plow

[​IMG]

5. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

6. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

nice looking truck mike i like the ford :) .. i tried making them bigger for you hope it works

04ranger2fv.jpg

04xltwithplow3me.jpg

7. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04xlt plow

Thanks they are a little larger but one lost the contrast.I have only had the Ranger out in 4"-5" snow worked very well.I have about 500' of drivway at home plus I have a building with 35 car parking lot to plow hopfully save a few bucks on my plow and landscape guy.
    Thanks

8. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 xlt plow

I hope I got this!!

Business end 04 plow.jpg

9. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

Nice!!!

NICE TRUCK!!! IS THAT A WESTERN POLY PLOW?
    GOOD LUCK

10. SNOWMAN0420

SNOWMAN0420 Member

Heres Mine

94~ranger
    Copy of IMG_2676.JPG

Copy of IMG_2676.JPG

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

mike PLEASE tell me you did NOT spend 18k for that truck

12. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 xlt plow

The truck with NEW Western 6'8" plow and Pro comp wheels an BFG305-70-16 A/T auto start, heated seats,Gibson cat back, 3" lift 13,000 miles was $16,000. Here in New Jersey you can't find these for less then $19,000 at a dealer with out the plow an wheels with 35k to 50k miles.

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Nice little truck, but dude that's a lot of money for it! You could have just as easily gotten a full size pickup for the same or less money with similar miles.

14. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 xlt plow

Where are you located here in NJ prices are high. I shopped for a few months here an on E-Bay and only saw this plow truck and one in NY older with 75k on it. I only plow my 400'-500' driveway and 35 car parking lot at my building and didn't want the full size pick as this little truck is just my toy.I own 3 box trucks if I have to move anything large.

15. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I still love the look of the 04 and 05 rangers!

SHARP, VERY SHARP!

16. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah im not downing that truck its a nice truck but you could have gotten more for your money

17. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 xlt Ranger

My local Western dealer wanted $3200.00 for the plow installed so that leaves the truck with the lift, wheels and tires, heated seats,full tint for $12,800 with 13k on it. If you check book it is a he** of alot more then that. If you think in those terms I think I did alright. Now all we need is a little snow!!!:salute: :salute:

18. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Hey Mike, it looks like the plow lights are the same height as your headlights. Is that just the angle of the pic or is caused by your 3" lift kit?

19. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

did u buy that off ebay, there was one for sale just like it a little while back that i was going to look into jst like that....is that the western suburbanite?? thats a nice looking truck i like it...gotta love small lifted trucks

20. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

04 xlt plow

I did make the contact of E-bay but the good thing was the truck was local to me so I could see touch and drive it.As far as the head lights and plow lights they are wired so the plow lights are on when the plow is on so both lights are not on at the same time.I have talked with some plow guys and the dealer an that is how they wire them up.I though they should both be on but dealer says no.It is a Suburbanite an I real can't belive how well it plows and how easy it goes on an off.This truck gives you the feel of a full size with out the bulk.
    As far as the price there is an 04 on E-bay right now which is bid up to 18k and change and has not met the reserve yet with out the plow only 7500 miles. :cool: