1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Ram Plow Mount Images

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dkosheba, Oct 30, 2003.

1. dkosheba

dkosheba Junior Member

Gentleman,

I am looking for images of plow mounts on the new body style of Rams. I have 04 on order with Cummings. Will need to get a plow and have it sitting in storage for truck when it arrives.

I put a Western Unimount on my 01 Ram, but now am looking at the Western Ultramount, Fisher MM, or even the Meyer product.
    Which mount looks the best in off season use, and best ground clearance. My old Unimount on 01 Ram took up alot of real estate in the summer months here in Michigan.

Don

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Don, the ultra mount will be the least visible on your new dodge during the summer. The mount alone will not hang below the profile of the plastic air dam on the bottom portion of the bumper (we normally leave the air dam off after installation but can be notched and reinstalled if preffered). Where in michigan are you? would love to have you stop by the shop to show you personally. Jeff

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hi Don and welcome to PlowSite! :waving: The Western UltraMount and the Fisher MM2 both attach high up on the truck, just under the plastic, which leaves alot of ground clearance. The UltraMount has removable receiver brackets which leaves barely anything visible that shows that you even have a plow mount on the truck. You dont have to take off the receiver brackets unless you want to, they come off in just a few seconds or so. The Meyer snowplows are pretty much the least liked snowplow by most of the guys on this site, but some do use them and swear by them. The Meyer mount hangs kind of low though, just like the Western UniMount like I have that hangs low too. If ground clearance is a concern, then I guess the Fisher MM2 or the Western UltraMount is the way to go. What snowplow dealers do you have locally to you? There are many other brands out there also that werent named such as Blizzard, which is becoming very popular and is well liked on this site. Curtis, Hiniker, Boss, and SnoWay to name a few. Let us know what snowplow dealers you have locally, and we can help narrow down your choices. Now you ask which mount LOOKS the best? Well to me, the Fisher and the Western UniMount and the UltraMount LOOK the best, but that is all just personal preference. I kind of like when you can see the mount, I like looking at other guys mounts to see what brand they use and I like the fact that my UniMount is highly visible, haha! Call me crazy, but I like it. Mike :drinkup: