1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Ram Minute ISO module headlight problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Flipper, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Of course my friend waited till the last minute to tell me of the problem we have. Hopefully someone who really knows the module system can chime in.

Here is the info 04 Ram 2500 with a 8ft Minute Mount 3 plug isolation system. We put plow on 3 years ago and EVERYTHING WORKED correctly.

This summer he noticed the passenger low beam on the truck out. Dodge dealer told him the bulb was fine and they unpluged the Fisher harness at the lighbox and plugged the factory harness directly into the bulb. Headlight resumed correct operation.

Tonight we plugged the plow in. All plow controls operate fine.

We plugged the harness back into the passenger truck light and with the plow unplugged the lowbeam is out on the truck, highbeam is fine. This is plug number 4 on the module.

With the plow plugged in we get a lowbeam and highbeam on the passenger side plow light. We get no light of any kind on the drivers side plow light. In fact the drivers side TRUCK light continues to operate as normal. So the passenger side plow light is on and the drviers side trucklight is on. They operate through high and low beam. The drivers side light is plug 3.

On a side note we also have no parking lights, I did not check the bulbs yet so this may be unrelated.

Obviously there is a problem with the module connections. I do have the mechanics guide and the original installation instructions. Again all lights worked correctly until just this summer when the first problem came up.

Any ideas? I pulled it into the shop so tomorrow I can look at it in the relative warmth. I gues I will start by checking grounds, but any help would be appreciated.
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check the configuration plug on the #1 harness,sometimes the pins don't "lock" and will back out and cause that problem.As for the marker lights,you probably just lost the connection were it was spliced if they are all out and the bulbs are good.
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

OK quick update. Got all the plow headlight functions working. Turned out the mechanic had also unplugged the drivers side harness from the truck lighting.

Parking lights turned out to be the bulbs.

I am still getting the passenger low beam out on the truck when the plow is unplugged. Must be something in the harness or module, because the plow lights work (being triggered by the truck lights) and when I unplug the harness the light works through the factory wiring.

The plow is staying on now until next week, so atleast the plowlights are working. May check a few more wires on the passenger harness tomorrow. I will check the configuration plug as well.