1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 ram brakes

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by John W, Feb 19, 2005.

1. John W

John W Junior Member

My friend has a '04 2500 hemi w/fisher plow. Truck is 6 months old with 13k. After plowing about 10 hours with it the brake pedal has intermittent fade - it goes all the way to the floor on the first pump and seems to work fine on the second. Took truck to the dealer and could not duplicate problem. Anybody with similar experience?

-John

'00 2500 CTD 8.5 MVP/Ultramount
    '90 W250 CTD 9' UniMount

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

it's one of the following-
    Faulty ABS- not sure how the 04 ABs system works but my 96 will disengage rear brakes if the sensor is out of adjustment so I have no rear brakes.

Contaminated fluid- dirt in the system will cause the seals to fail- usually in the master cylinder- repumping the pedal may clear the dirt for a time.

A defective seal somewhere from the master cylinder to a wheel itself.

air in the system- needs to be bled.

The dealer should check the fluid, check for diag codes and pressurtest the system after bleeding it.