1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Rad 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dannyc33, Oct 11, 2004.

1. dannyc33

dannyc33 Member

I just got a new 04 Ram 2500 and am planning on putting on a blizzard 8-10.

Is there anything I'll need before I'm ready to plow? Thinking about and inline transmission cooler.

Also other than the front lip getting cut into, is anything else going to be cut/modified for this plow to fit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :waving: , thanks,
    Dan :bluebounc

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

If your Truck Has a plow prep it Should Already have a tranny Cooler. I Honestly Dont Recommend doing anything to the suspension on a new truck. The Truck was made to Work just the Way it is. Blizzards are pretty light plows , besides a cut for the mount there should be nothing eles to do but push SNOW! :drinkup:

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Blizard 8-10's are very heavy. If you have the cummins it is way over the front axle rating. Not sure about the straight blades from blizzard. If you have a new 5.7 I think your right at the maximum for the front axle rating with the 8-10.
    Todd

4. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have an 04 2500
    the air dam looks like crap cut up
    i removed mine that way when im ready to sell ill
    pop it back on
    john

5. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

wow your right Blizzard 810 is 950lbs! Thats Heavy , Their Strait plows are all under 730lbs. My bad

6. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

I've got an 03 ram one ton with out snow plow prep package can I still stick a plow on here and what do I need to have put on the truck to make it happen? Desparatly need help quick on this one!

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Cooters Dodge do you have a gas or diesel?

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The 03 3500 and 2500 front ends are the same. The plow package is just a trans cooler and upgraded alt. if you have the towing package you should have a trans cooler.
    Todd

9. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

I Have The Diesel

10. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

T-man Can I Get Away Without Upgraded Alt.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You can put a plow on there and the only thing I recomend and a must is front Timbrens. I have had 2 3500 Dodges and they have a high output alternator in them. 150 amps I believe.