1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Late build, Xblade plow installation frame

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by pats plowing, Aug 1, 2004.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Does anyone have any pictures of what the frame should look like under the truck on a late build 04 F350. I have just taken off the bumper and am wondering what the 2 skinny metal plates are. Are they the two near the license plate or the set of 2 brackets in front of each tire. Any other help or pictures about the frame installation is appreciated.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I believe the plates are a Shim of sorts and are the ones you located near the license plate,I've installed numerous Fishers on late model Fords and the plates are not reused when installing your plow mounts.

3. pats plowing

I have another problem, there are 6 electrical plugs but I only have 5 wires(ends). Does anyone know where the last one is. Also how do you drill the holes. It seems to be taking forever and we are not even halfway done (3/8 done) The holes furthest back do you put a 6" bolt on and go through both sides of the frame, or how do you put a bolt on it. There is a little cutout but I can only reach where the first bolt goes.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Pat,In one of your boxes you should have some 1/2" bolts welded to a flat steel handle maybe 12-18" long,you may have to bend the handle a little to wiggle the bolts thru the front of the frame opening,it's kinda tricky but you'll get it.
    Can you be more specific on your wire problem,i think i know but i won't confuse you more with that untill i'm sure:p Sometimes a Ford light harness can be subsituted with a Dodge light harness but you won't use all the wires so just clarify exactly what your doing/looking at there.

5. pats plowing

I found another box that has the last wire. I had an electrician come over and now I know what to do. I am putting the bumper on now but I could not get all of the brackets to attach because of the 1/2 spacer in the front on both sides.