1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Heated mirror switch?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Greybeard, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

The build sheet for my 04 Silverado says it has heated mirrors. This is the week I need them, and I can't find the switch. (Bought it used - no owner's manual.) Anybody have this option, this year? I've looked at earlier manuals, and the 04 dashboard is different. Thanks.

2. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

When you turn on the rear defroster they automatically come on.

3. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Thanks, Plowfast.

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

Another thing, if you ever bust that outer mirror and the fluid inside gets on the paint of the truck, wash it immediatly! Ask me how i know.

5. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Nasty stuff, it will eat into the bodyside moldings:realmad:

6. Greybeard

Greybeard Member
    from MA

Bust a mirror? Me???
    Actually, in the first new truck I ever owned I pulled into a parking lot after a long, hard day and clipped a post with my big aluminum camper mirror, the kind with 3 bolts going into the sheet metal. Glass didn't break, but it tore up the sheet metal bad.
    Thanks for the tip on the juice.

7. cbriggs.pm

cbriggs.pm Junior Member

i have an 03 gmc 2500hd and i belive my heated mirrors are just on all the time, i havent noticed if they are related to the rear defrost..maybe..i know that i love them. the other day i was careful not to back into a porch on my left, at the same time dinging my right mirror off a tree, the casing cracked all to hell, and the glass actual reflector fell to the ground magicaly stayin intact, (which of course i promptly retrieved with several curse words) heater coils exposed i put double sided tape to er, amazingly, still works! mostly

8. dsc

dsc Junior Member

The 03'-07' heated truck mirrors are wired in parallel with the rear defrost circuit. The earlier years were wired the same as well.