1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 HD2500 6.0 Gas Drip

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

While plowing today I could smell gas, and saw some occasional gas drops in the puddles on the drivers side, I looked underneath and it seemed to be coming from the transfer case skid plate area (maybe), but definitely on the drivers side ...

Anything that would be the usual suspects ? something that is rotting / failing ?

Truck still runs fine, 102,000 miles ... lots of rust ...

Burn Baby Burn - I hope not

2. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

It sounds like you may have just leaned over and peeked under the truck from the side, but when dealing with gas leaks it is definitely time to get underneath and take a good look around. In that area the most likely things to suspect would be connections at a fuel filter or fuel tank transfer switch mounted on the left frame rail.

3. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I just replaced the fuel pump in my 04 Yukon because the top of it was rotting out and leaking. Ran fine, just leaked.

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Probably a rusted fuel line, you have a sending line and a return line, (FYI) the sending line will be under a greater pressure than the return line.