1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 Hd

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AWLCO, Nov 25, 2007.

1. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Hi all, I'm new to the site and figured I'd post up my rig...

It's an 04 HD with the 6 L. I kept my old 8" uni-mount cause I'm to cheap to buy a new plow. Next year I'm switching to a 8' stainless X blade.

I have a 4 head strobe kit, Linear LED grille lights, and LED's in the back window and in the cargo lights. I had a 27" Sho-me Luminator on top but I sold it.
  2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

What is that on the back? That is a good idea.
  3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

welcome aboard man !!!!! nice truck even better with an x-blade hehehe :D
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Looks great! Welcome. Ya, what's that bar for?
  5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

looks great,

as posted above :rolleyes: what is the bar for
  6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

AVLCO nice set up buddy, I agree, be careful backing up with that bar stickin out, late night that could be dangerous :eek:
  7. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

The bar is just a bumper protector. If I happen to back in to something, :sleeping: or get rear ended. It saves the $600 bumper. I'm going to mount my reverse lights on it with a 7 way trailer plug, just haven't gotten to it yet. A local welder makes them, a lot of guys run them around here. They are great for salters too with another hoop welded to it. Thanks for the compliments!
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Look's like a ballast bar.....

And a lot like my '04.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  9. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Good idea, It doesn't weigh much... yet, maybe I'll cut the end off and fill it with concrete. What do you guys use for ballast? I've been using sand tubes and I hate moving them around.
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some guys like to use a piece of 4x4 1/4 wall square tubing and fill it with concrete and then weld a piece of 2x2 tubing on it to slide it into the reciever (just like yours).
  11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice rig you got there. Don't think your cheap if you got it us it
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice truck and plow, That backup bar is a good idea.
  13. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Thanks, here's a better pic when it was clean
  14. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Hey, welcome, hope you enjoy it here. Nice looking set up.
    I especially like the snow bank curb feeler! LOL Great idea.
  15. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

what did it take for you to mount that uni-mount to a newer style truck, did you have to re-wire the plow side for all the new ultra-mount electrical? I am looking to fit mine to my 07 2500HD. There is nothing wrong with my plow, no reason to sell it.
  16. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I put a unimount on an 07 GMC a few weeks ago. It will cost you ~$1500 You will need
    ultramount frame
    ultra to uni adapter
    ultra wiring kit w/ isolation module
    new plow side harness to convert to 3 plug system

I had to buy the ultra frame and adapter but I got lucky and found a unimount harness for my truck. Not really that lucky because I've been having a lot of problems with the stupid relays. My headlights are all messed up. I think I'm going to sell the plow and buy an ultra mount used and the new harness w/ isolation module.

hope that helps
  17. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

yeah it helps thanks. I am debating to just plow this year with my f150, and buy new next year, or slowly buy the electrical, and mount, then see if i can get a dealer to sell me just the plow.
  18. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

nice looking rig...dont think ur cheap, i love the unimounts...i have a 7'6'' and a 6'6'' the 6fter is in the process of gettin redone i want to throw it on an s10 or a s10 blazer but the unimounts are the ****...but hats off to the rig lovin it