1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 HD Not sitting level??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Robo, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Robo

Robo Senior Member

I thought the other day driving my 04 truck (with plow on of course) it wasn't sitting level and guess what it wasn't. According to the tape measure the passenger side front sits 1" lower than the drivers side. Is this common?? I know it can be adjusted but come on its only got 2500 miles on it???? :realmad:

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ROB.......Most GM trucks are not level front to back/side to side from the factory.

Side to side.... the drivers side is higher to compensate for driver weight and the gas tank on the left side.

Front to rear either because of the load you could possibly carry.
    A simple drivers side torsion bar adjustment will level it out (side to side)........geo

3. Robo

Robo Senior Member

I am familiar with the back sitting higher than the front on GMs. I never heard of the difference allowed for drivers weight and gas tank. The truck had about 3/4 of a tank of gas and I don't think I weigh enough to compress the suspension 1" (although I am a bit plumped up from the holidays :nod: ).

I need to crank the T bars anyway as I am not happy with this nose diving pr!ck and the way it carries the plow. I will try to get things a bit more level when all is said and done. :nod:

4. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

Most if not all HD GMs are set up that way. Very easy to make it level. Just crank the t-bar a turn or so.

I have mine cranked up about 3 inches to help clear my Hummer H2 wheels and tires. It also helps keep the front end higher with my 8' Pro Plow Plus.

Jesse