1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

04 gmc to 98 gmc

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jeffwich, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

I have a ultramount on my 04 and want to swap it to a 98 gmc. Will the 4 port isolation module stuff work onto the older truck? Some part # of what i can read Port 1 22415 , port 2 22413, port 3 26293, port 4 26292. Would be real nice if everything was just plug and play.
    Thank you Jeff

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What style headlamps does the 98 have? 2 or 4?

3. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

It has 4, Not sure what style, i think the plugs look the same
    Jeff

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Everything BUT the mounts will work then. You'll need to double check...but I think you need 67865.

5. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

Thank you, will let you know how it goes in a few hours starting in a hour.
    Thank you Jeff

6. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

Update, everything is on older truck but don't have the plow at the house so can't try it out . 1 problem is I don't have low beams but I do have high beams. Read on other page you have to switch the wires but don't know what ones.
    Jeff

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is the install guide......go over it and make sure you didn't miss anything. You have kit 8438

Pay attention to the "Configuration Plug" Directions (pg 6 directions, pg 3 overview to see location) as this is most likely what needs to be changed. Now....Everytime I've come across a configuration problem, the trucks lights have always worked, it was when you plugged the plow in that you had the issue. You may have a loose connection or something.....

You may only have a "Dust Cover" from the previous vehicle's setup, typically the dealer will just give you one if you need it, if not it's like $3. I can send you one if you don't have it or can't get it. You can make a jump wire in the meantime.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  8. Jeffwich

Jeffwich Member

Thank you repoman. Had the plugs wrong, all is good now just need to add a set of timbren.
    Jeff